Iconic, timeless performance.
Tuned to perfection.
Building the uniquely Braun sound.
Where the LE 1 of 1959 utilised audio technologies widely upheld to be the best available of the time in their electrostatic loudspeaker design, the re-imagined LE series leverages the cutting-edge of today’s advanced audio technologies.
With latest generation class-D amplifiers and switching power-supplies, Balanced Mode Radiators and low-profile aluminium high-excursion woofers mated to customised quadratic passive radiators, the Braun LE range delivers audio clarity, sound dispersion and bandwidth commensurate with the timeless, slim-form LE loudspeaker design.
The clear, precise Braun sound of today has been achieved through the implementation of a bespoke-developed DSP (Digital Signal Processing) pipeline in conjunction with high power ARM computing cores. It is then hand-tuned in Germany by a world-class audio development team.
Room-filling performance with next generation balanced mode radiators.
The BMRs used in the LE speakers are key to delivering their exceptional audio reproduction. BMRs® uniquely combine vertical and horizontal dispersion to deliver a 180-degree stage, meaning they are easy to position without the worry of a specific sweet spot of traditional speakers.
Used in conjunction with the woofers and passive radiators, which are custom designed for perfect mating, the use of BMRs enable truly room-filling performance.
Custom woofers for punchy, refined bass.
Equipped with bespoke designed ultra-low-profile, metal-cone woofers with neodymium motors and light-weight aluminium cones, they offer highly detailed and transient bass. With low-mass, high-rigidity moving parts, they deliver punchy, yet refined, bass performance at all volumes.
Unique quadratic and racetrack passive radiator for reduced distortion.
Forgoing off the shelf, motor-less passives, our engineering team has developed unique, high-mass, high-excursion radiators that tune the speakers to deliver exceptionally deep and punchy bass, with good sensitivity within the speaker’s slim cabinet design. These have a dual progressive linear-suspension construction for increased control and reduced distortion.
HD audio integrated amplifiers for clarity and control.
The LE range features the latest generation of HD audio integrated amplifiers. These are of monolithic class-D design, with all channels actively filtered and managed by advanced DSP algorithms to maximise the inherent clarity and control. As with many silicon technologies, these latest generation integrated amplifiers are at the forefront of performance and power-efficiency.
Featuring TalkToTM by DSP Concepts, the latest solution for voice control performance.
TalkToTM by DSP Concepts features Multichannel Acoustic Echo Canceller (AEC) software, which cancels out noise from the speaker so the microphones can accurately hear the user’s voice.
AEC, when working in conjunction with the TalkToTM Adaptive Interference Canceller (AIC) - which cancels out noise from other sources, such as from air conditioning or television - the speaker can hear the user’s voice commands to the Google Assistant more effectively.
LE Series - Iconic, timeless performance.
The LE series encapsulates the enduring, essentialist design values of a brand steeped in heritage and craftsmanship. The three premium Hi-Fi smart speakers are all available in black or white, tuned to perfection and built to stand the test of time.
The perfect combination of form and function, the LE range is eye-catching without being intrusive: offering the perfect balance of unparalleled performance in a minimalist form, showcasing the rigour of German craftsmanship.
Excellent sound at all volumes.
All LE speakers are engineered to deliver exceptional detail and clarity at any volume setting. And the unparalleled dispersion of the Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) drive units provides a near 180-degree soundstage, meaning that the units are always easy to position without the worry of a specific sweet spot of traditional speakers.
The LE speakers have multiroom functionality, as well as ability to be wirelessly stereo paired. Individually, when positioned in landscape mode, LE01 and LE02 will perform as perfect integrated stereo speakers. When in portrait orientation, using floor stands or wall mounts, they can be configured into a stereo pair with each speaker assuming single audio channel duties (left or right).
Placement EQ settings in the mobile app will tailor the playback dependent where the speaker is in the room to achieve the authentic Braun sound. The Braun Audio app will also allow for additional manual fine-tuning to deliver preferred levels of bass and treble.
The LE series offers more than a premium sound experience. The speakers also serve as a control hub for your smart home and come equipped with smart speaker functionality. With Google Assistant built-in, you can play music, find answers on Google Search, manage everyday tasks and easily control smart devices around your home - just by using your voice.
While voice assistants offer many modern conveniences, there are times when privacy is required. Exemplifying Braun’s values of honest design, the LE range has been engineered to ensure voice control is always on your terms. Each speaker has a dedicated privacy button that physically disconnects the microphones, guaranteeing complete peace of mind. When privacy mode is enabled, the button and LEDs on the front of the speaker illuminate and are subtly visible from anywhere in the room.
With Chromecast built-in, the LE range supports over 300 streaming services, while regular software updates ensure system longevity. Each speaker’s premium machined aluminium surround is beautiful to the touch, while being highly durable.
Their simple, minimalist button configuration and LED sequences are intuitive and embody the perfect blend of aesthetics and utility. This considered design extends to accessories like wall mounts and floor stands, which elegantly resolve cable management and offer the flexibility of placement around the home.
- Dimensions: Speaker: 700 (W) x 271 (H) x 99 (D), Speaker with table-top stand: 700 (W) x 323 (H) x 159 (D)
- Materials: Aluminium speaker enclosure, laser cut aluminium rear grille, ultrasonic welded acoustic cloth speaker grille cover, stainless steel custom supporting feet
- Operating modes: Single LE01 unit – Integrated stereo speaker (landscape orientation), Mono (portraitorientation), 2 x LE01 units stereo paired – Left/right channel stereo
- Audio technology: 2 x Custom 5.25” aluminium cone high-excursion fast-transient woofers, 3 x Full-range 2.5” Balanced Mode Radiator drive units, 2 x Quadratic 8” x 4.5” passive bass radiators, 3 x Monolithic HD class-D power amplifiers, 32-bit ARM multi-core digital signal processor for high´accuracy and low noise, Frequency response: 62 Hz - 21500 Hz (-6dB), 96kHz/24-bit HD audio streaming
- Supported audio formats: HE-AAC, LC-AAC, MP3, Vorbis, WAV (LPCM), FLAC, Opus
- Audio inputs: Apple Airplay 2, Chromecast™ built-in, Bluetooth® 4.2 with AAC, 3.5mm Aux-in
- Features: Room placement audio EQ optimisation, Auto source switching (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Aux), Multi-room & stereo pairing: Airplay 2, Chromecast, Bass & treble tone control (in App), Dual-positioned 4-microphone beamforming arrays for far-field voice recognition andacoustic echocancellation, Physical privacy button to disconnect the microphones
- Controls: Voice: Google Assistant, Physical controls: privacy button, action button, play/pause, track skip forward, track skip back, volume +, volume –, Bluetooth pairing
- Networking: Wi-Fi dual band (WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4 and 5 GHz) 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port
- Compatibility: An iPhone or iPad with iOS 10.3 and higher, An Android™ phone running Android 5.0 and higher, An Android tablet running Android 6.0 and higher